“Equipment” includes TNT issued:
1. Shoulder Pads
3. Chin Strap
4. Face Guard
5. Game Day Jersey
6. Practice Jerseys
7. Integrated Pants
Equipment must be cared for in accordance with the policy. Any equipment that is damaged from neglect or misuse will be charged for at the rate set forth in the guidelines.
Make sure that all the equipment is in good order, fits properly, and is present with the player before you sign the equipment check out sheet.
It shall be the policy of the TNT to ensure that all equipment owned by the league is properly maintained and cared for. The TNT Director will set the guidelines for proper maintenance, care, and cleaning of all league equipment. All equipment will be examined for wear and damage prior to being checked out by players. It shall also be examined for wear and damage when turned back in. All equipment that is deemed unsafe or not repairable shall be disposed of and not retained for future use.
If a player receives equipment that he or she feels is substandard it will be their responsibility to bring it to the attention of the warehouse staff. The equipment will be checked at that time for wear and safety.
TNT equipment care involves hours of volunteer hours to inspect, repair, and catalogue all the equipment during the off-season. TNT has volunteers that ensure that our equipment is in the best condition possible for the safety of our players. Please respect the investment that the league has made and follow the Rules and Guidelines concerning equipment.
1. NEVER exchange your equipment with another player or let your coach take it. If it is recorded when you check it out and if you don’t have the right equipment when it is checked in, you may be charged.
2. Pads should NEVER be placed in the dryer. The heat will melt the glue, the pad will come apart, and your child will not be safely equipped. You will also be charged for the damaged padding.
3. Bleach or Fabric Softener should never be used when washing jerseys or any other piece of uniform. Using bleach or Fabric Softener shortens the usable life of our uniforms.
4. You should never use tape on shoulder pad straps or tie the straps in knots. It degrades the strap and may cause it to fail. If the strap continually comes loose see your equipment manager for a new strap. However, shoulder pads receive a lot of pushing and twisting during normal use. Loose straps are normal and should be checked and adjusted frequently. It is “part of the game.”
5. You must never physically alter any of the equipment. Cutting or sewing equipment to make it fit is prohibited. You should make sure it fits at checkout time and if it doesn’t, exchange it for something that does.
6. Never throw, drop or sit on your helmet. It protects your most valuable asset, your brain. It’s the most important piece of protective equipment you have. If it doesn’t fit properly have it checked by your equipment for possible adjustments or replacement.
7. There are many small parts that may become lost during the season. Don’t try to jerry-rig something together to fix it. See your coach or manager and have it fixed right.
8. You are responsible for the removal of all foreign objects from your helmet prior to turn in.
9. You are responsible for gear turn in. Don’t give it to someone else to return for you.
Every year we have gear returned that has clearly been damaged or altered by the player. The claim that “we got it that way” is not a valid excuse and will not be accepted. All gear has been inspected during the off-season and if you receive a piece of equipment that you feel is substandard, return it for something that is not.
Every year we purchase new equipment to replace damaged and old equipment that has been taken out of service. Existing equipment in our inventory is inspected to ensure that all the gear is in good condition.
Lost or Damaged Equipment:
Unfortunately, sometimes equipment gets lost, not returned or damaged beyond what is considered normal use.
You will be responsible for lost or damaged equipment. Replacement costs are as follows:
Shoulder Pads $125
Chin Strap $15
Face Guard $50
Game Day Jersey $50
Practice Jerseys $20
Integrated Pants $40
Equipment Return Guidelines:
1. Return all equipment that was checked out during the specified equipment return period. You will be charged for missing or damaged items.
2. Equipment must be clean and in good order.
3. Helmets: Mouthpiece/Chin strap removed. Helmet cleaned.
Please remember that this league exists as a result of a team effort. Everyone wants their kids to get good equipment. Please turn your gear in the way you would like your child to receive it next year.
All equipment must be turned in at the end of the season on the scheduled dates. If you cannot make one of the return dates you must make arrangements to return the equipment with your coach.
All charges for equipment damage or missing equipment must be paid at the time the equipment is turned in. Failure to do so will result in a note on your account preventing future registration.